Saturday 25 December 2021

Merry Christmas. A Family Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you've all had a wonderful day whatever you did. Its a quiet one for me but I think that's nice sometimes. This illustration is of a family sitting down for Christmas Dinner.  The dad is carving the turkey. The mum and grandad are raising a toast and one of the daughters and the grandma are pulling a Christmas cracker to tell a terrible joke and wear a ripped paper crown that never fits. It was done in watercolours and fine liner. I painted it in my moleskin sketchbook. I maybe would change the blue walls to another colour but oh well, too late now. I wanted to do a nice full illustration to put in my portfolio and with lots of characters interacting with each other and a full family. 

What is your Christmas Dinner like? Whats your favourite item on the table?
 Mine is roast parsnips 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards