Friday 24 July 2020

Queen of Clubs

Second drawing of the queen of cards mini series is clubs. To find references for all the drawings in this mini series,  I found photographs of women on Pinterest so they are all based of real women. Using good reference photos from Pinterest helped me get proportions correct so they are well balanced and look like real people which some times I've struggled with for more realistic drawings. Using references is probably one of the best ways to do good portraits so I will always try and find good before trying to do a portrait. Thats a good little artist tip!  And Pinterest is probably the best place to find reference photos as you can easily save the photos you want to use to draw from. 

Maybe I should try give more art tips? If you want any comment on any post and I will try my best to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards