Thursday 30 July 2020

Queen of Diamonds


Last one of the mini series.
 As you have probably noticed all the queens have their eyes closed. This is because I didn't want the main focus to be the eyes which normally does become the main focus of a portrait since the eyes are the portal to the soul and all that jazz. 
Also the colour pallette isn't massive throughout the mini series with the main focus on the 2 main colours of playing cards of red and black. I used a dark green on the black suits as green complements red and black well. 
I choice a variety of different women to use as references to show diversity and practice drawing lots of different women and people with different skin tones and hair types and styles. It was fun drawing lots of different people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards