Monday 31 August 2020

A Cat called Tizzy

My cat, Tizzy, really doesn't like cameras being put in her face but one day when she was hiding from the scary vacuum cleaner in the bathroom, I got a brilliant full body photo of her. With this photo I decided to work on watercolour skills and my detailed realistic skills since I tend to focus on very fun stylised work especially since finishing alevel art in 2018. I love working with watercolours and always have so it was my obvious choice to work with for this pet portrait. The painting is on A3 watercolour paper. Since she is a very white furred cat it's tricky to get her to look really fluffy so I used grey watercolour and grey pastel pencils to lightly make her look as fluffy as possible and I think it turned out well. The blue watercolour wash in the background represents her favourite toy which is a blue flamingo with catnip inside and a little bell. Tizzy doesn't look the happiest in the drawing as she gives this grumpy judgy look when there is no room for her on the sofa. She really is the sweetest little cat and we love her very much. This painting is up on my parents wall in their landing and replaced a tardis crayon art I did back in 2016. I really enjoyed doing this pet portrait and would love to try lots more in the future (the next post is also a pet portrait so watch out for that) but i would love to practice more and maybe evem do pet portrait commissions if that is anything that interests you or anyone you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards