Thursday 3 September 2020

2 little cats

This pet portrait was a very belated birthday present for my big sister. After doing my previous painting of Tizzy and loving how it turned out, I wanted to do another. Since I owed my sister a late present, I wanted to give her something special and from the heart. This one is of Tizzy who is our current cat and the other cat is Kiri who was our previous cat who we sadly lost to heaven in 2017. These cats are so different in look and personality but i think that is what makes having a pet so wonderful as each one is so special and they all have their quirks like every human. This again was done on watercolour paper and its pretty much A3 but a little smaller. It was done with watercolours and pastel pencils. I used a green watercolour wash in the background as both their eyes are quite greeny so I feel like the green background makes their eyes pop. Luckily my sister loves the piece and that made me very happy and it is making me feel more confident with more realistic work and I  really should do much more as it definitely does make my stylised work better and I hope you all can see that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards