Saturday 30 April 2022

Leaf insect

I saw a collaborative project on Instagram by eve macmaster to illustrate a bug so I thought I'd join in and paint a leaf insect. On animal crossing I love leaf insects as they blend in to the item icons which I think is a cool little thing for the creators to do. I painted this insect im watercolours and used a dotty technique to give get the insects colouring right. I gave the painting a little shadow as it reminded me of all the butterflies I drew in my alevels for a project I did on patterns in nature that turned into a project on butterflies where I must have drawn about 100 butterflies in every different type of material going . It was a lot of fun but im glad I don't have to analysis every single piece of work I do anymore and I can create work I won't to create a bit more and in a style I want to create work in and not be focused to do cubism and for the billionth time. Anyway I really enjoyed creating this little painting as I hadn't done a realistic watercolor in a little while so this was good to do and get practice with it some more. 
Remember I am always open for watercolour pet portraits at a very reasonable price!!!
(The final collection of all the insects submitted in  a little entomology print) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thortful

  My Thortful link I've got a couple of cards exclusively on thortful cards